07 Nov Important Dates for Autumn Term
3rd November 2022
Welcome back to the second half of the Autumn Term. I hope you enjoyed the Autumn break and made the most of the mild weather we experienced. This is a long half term and as usual there are lots of key events. With this in mind I would like to share with you a checklist of important dates which may help you organise your family diary. Please be aware that further details for each event will be shared nearer the time.
- 11th November Remembrance Day (Poppies for sale all week)
- 18th November Children in Need Friday non-uniform with a spot theme (all pupils)
- 14th – 18th November Anti-Bullying week (Reach Out Theme)
- 18th November Odd Sock Day to start Anti-Bullying week (all pupils)
- 28th November Parent Book Look (Years 5 and 7)
- 29th November Parent Book Look (Years 6 and 8)
- 29th November Whitley Bay Playhouse Christmas Spectacular (Wellfield Choir)
- 1st December Christmas lunch whole school (TBC)
- 8th December 5pm Ski Meeting (Year 8)
- 8th December Christmas Jumper Day
- 13th December Victorian workshop (Year 5)
- 15th December Whole school church visit
- 15th December pm Victorian Showcase (Year 5 Parents)
- 16th December Whole school theatre visit Aladdin
- 20th December School pantomime (times to follow)
- 21st December Christmas parties (all pupils)
- 22nd December Non-electronic games day Thursday (all pupils)
Tuesday 10th January return to school for the start of Spring term
Rehearsals are now underway for the school Christmas pantomime and are expected to take place during the school day. If there are any practices outside the normal school hours, the relevant staff will contact you.
Following on from our previous correspondence regarding Wellfield’s commitment to improving attendance, I am happy to announce that Class 7W had the best attendance the previous week and they are therefore given the honour of coming to school in ‘non-uniform’ this Friday. Well done 7W! In the future we will send a text out each Friday to confirm the winning class for the following week and the day that they will be allowed to wear non uniform so that it does not clash with their PE day..
Please contact the school if you have any further queries.