01 Sep Key Stage 3 Covid Testing and Start times for Monday 6th Sept.
Following Government advice we will be conducting lateral flow tests for all of our KS3 students before they officially return to school. It is important to acknowledge that whilst they are not compulsory, they are extremely effective in minimizing the infection rate within the school environment. This contributes to maintaining the health and wellbeing of all our pupils, staff and their families and we therefore strongly urge all of our KS3 school community to comply.
We will complete our first test on Thursday 2nd September – students do not need to wear school uniform on this day and will be free to leave once they have had their test. Students will then have their second test on Monday 6th September – they should arrive at school in their uniform at their allocated test time, students will remain in school that day – this will be their first full day back.
- Thursday 2nd September – Arrive at school allocated test time – for testing only
- Monday 6th September – Arrive at school at allocated test time, in uniform, remain in school
- ALL YEAR 7/8 WILL NOW RETURN TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER
Please see below the allocated time slot for your child to come into school on both Thursday and Monday
- 7 Alnwick Surname A – M 8.45 – 9.15
- 7 Alnwick Surname N – Z 9.15 – 9.45
- 7 Bamburgh Surname A – M 9.45 – 10.15
- 7 Bamburgh Surname N – Z 10.15 – 10.45
- 7 Warkworth Surname A – M 10.45 – 11.15
- 7 Warkworth Surname N – Z 11.15 – 11.45
- 8 Armstrong Surname A – M 11.45 – 12.15
- 8 Armstrong Surname N – Z 12.15 – 12.45
- 8 Collingwood Surname A – M 12.45 – 1.15
- 8 Collingwood Surname N – Z 1.15 – 1.45
All testing will be carried out in school with trained personnel and we will use the lateral flow devices (LFD) which provide a result in 30 minutes.
Staff and students with a LFD positive result will need to follow self isolation guidance and obtain a PCR test from a recognised test centre.
If you haven’t already done so, can you please respond to the testing consent communication. Please also note if you do not give consent for your child to have a LFT, they should only return to school on Monday 6th September, at what would have been their testing time.
We recognise these measures may not align with your own personnal views on COVID testing however this measure continues to be the best approach to avoid an unwanted outbreak in school and therefore we encourage all our families to comply.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you require any further information.