Year 6 have been working very hard on their mini torches. They began by investigating existing torches. They have measured and cut their plastic and foam. Photos of finished torches to follow!
Cooking and nurtition
Year 6 have been learning a range of skills cooking different recipes.
Prepare all vegetables
Peel and crush the garlic.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan.
Cook all of the vegetables in garlic.
Add the tinned tomatoes and mixed herbs
Cook for about 5 minutes
Snap spaghetti into 2cm long pieces and add to the pan
Dissolve stock cube in 600ml boiling water then add to the pan
Tear the basil leaves and add to the soup.
Keep stirring and cook until the pasta is soft
Carrot and orange soup
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 clove garlic
1 liter water
1 vegetable stock cube
juice and zest of 1 orange
1.Prepare the vegetables:
2. Zest and juice the orange.
3. Heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and carrots.
4. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the carrots start to soften and then stir in the orange zest.
5. Cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Add the stock cube and 1 liter of boiling water.
7. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
8. Liquidize until smooth and stir in the orange juice.
Vegetable fajita wraps
Mix 250g plain flour with 130ml water, if the dough is too sticky add more flour. If it is too dry add more water
Divide into 6 pieces and roll out into circles
Cook in a dry frying pan for about 2 minutes on each side
Year 6 made some lovely cushions. They have really been developing good sewing machine skills.