Bring your own iPad Details.
If you have chosen to provide your own iPad, please can you ensure it is capable of running the latest version of iOS.
The compatible models are
- iPad Air, Air 2 and 5th-gen iPad.
- iPad Mini 2, 3, and 4.
We also strongly advise at least 32GB storage, as we will be installing a number of apps and pupils may find they can't install their own personal apps on a 16GB device.
We only allow the students to connect via Wifi, any 3G enabled devices must have the SIM Card removed.
In order to connect the iPads to our Management system, they must be factory reset. Please follow the below instructions, and send iPads in with the 'hello / bonjour' screen showing as shown below.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
- An Erase iPhone/iPad warning box will now pop up.
- Click Erase and enter the device’s passcode and Apple ID info when prompted.
- The device will then reset and, when completed, you’ll be presented with the below screen.
Please note devices are brought into school at your own risk, and Wellfield Middle School is in no way responsible for:
- Personal iPads that are broken whilst at school or during school-sponsored activities
- Personal iPads that are lost or stolen at school or during school-sponsored activities
- Maintenance or upkeep of any device (keeping it charged, installing updates or upgrades, fixing any software or hardware issues).
We would recommend the use of a sturdy case, such as STM Dux which we use on our leased and school owned iPads.